At 2am Tuesday morning, David and I woke up and drove 4 hours North to a city in Maine called Bar Harbor. When we got there around 7am we dropped our rental car off at Hertz and took a cab to "The Cat" a ferry which takes you from Maine to Nova Scotia Canada.
Once we arrived in Nova Scotia we rented another car to tour the area. We got this Jeep Liberty, which I thought was pretty cool. Renting cars in Canada is cheaper than in the US.
Once we checked into our hotel we headed for a lighthouse named Cape Forchu.
I took this picture of the lighthouse when we first arrived. It had the horizontal rainbow above it. Everyone was in amazement because no one had ever seen a horizontal rainbow before.
David and I in front of the lighthouse
I thought it was neat that they had our flag in front of the lighthouse.
We spent the rest of the day driving around the city and being tourists. Later we went back to our hotel and took naps. Afterwards we had dinner at a little restaurant called The Austrian Inn.
The next morning we woke up and walked around the town, looking at all of the cute shops. We stopped for lunch at the Colony restaurant.
This is the Restaurant we had lunch. It was nice because the patio overlooked the ocean. (but so does most of the East Coast)
Us at lunch.
After lunch it was time for us to get back on the ferry and take it back to Portland, Maine where we would get off and go back to Wells, Maine.
Getting ready to board the ferry
Bye Canada
No comments:
Post a Comment