Monday, July 28, 2008

Liberty and Ellis Island

Saturday July 19th, David and I woke up and went straight to where the ferries dock for the islands in New York. We had reserved our tickets early, and it was a good thing because they lines were LONG!!! We spent the day touring Liberty and Ellis Islands. We even got lucky enough to climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty's podium. Apparently they only allow a certain number of people to do it per day (since Sept.11th). Later that night we went to see "Hairspray" on Broadway. It was an awesome day!

I thought this picture came out really well. I took it on Liberty Island
"Our Lady"
David and I with our home girl LibertyShe isn't as big as I thought she would be...Inside the podium, walking to the top.David, with the NY skyline behind him...Me too...Ellis IslandThis is the place all of the immigrants walked through.Getting ready to go out for the night
Getting ready to go see Hairspray Times Square

No comments: