Monday, July 28, 2008

Maine & Connecticut

On Friday, July 18th, David and I woke up in Maine and started our drive to New York. First we stopped at Dunkin Doughnuts because David's dad always raves about them.

I was shocked at how many different things they serve there.

Here is David with his Bavarian Creme doughnut...I think he liked it.

After having a doughnut we stopped at a gift shop, and then it was time to get on the road. We left around noon and drove through Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.

I took a picture of the Massachusetts sign while we were driving. My goal is to have a picture of each state sign one day.

When we drove through Connecticut, we decided to visit David's Uncle Tim and cousin Tucker. We don't get to see them very often since they live on the other side of the country. When we got to his Uncles house we decided to go to dinner at a restaurant down the street.

This is us at Dinner... Thanks for dinner Uncle Tim!

After dinner, we were back on the road to New York. We had a difficult time finding our hotel. I would recommend having a GPS when driving through that city. We got a little lost, but finally made it.

This is us going through Battery Tunnel (which is underwater) to get into Manhattan.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sam,
Thanks for blogging about your trip. We missed you at the family reunion, but it sounds like you had a lot of fun in the east. I'm excited to read about the rest of your trip.