Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Empire State Building, Ground Zero and Wall Street

On Sunday, July 21st, our last day, David and I started by going to the Empire State Building. It was really neat to be at the top, but it was pretty creepy. We were so high up that it made me feel unstable, and I was afraid to trip, so I was walking SUPER carefully. After that experience we went down top Lower Manhattan where we saw Ground Zero and the memorial. It was really sad to be there and see pictures of all of the people that lost their lives, but at the same time, it was nice to pay tribute to them as well. Our last stop was Wall Street. David enjoyed this particularly since his dad has been a stock broker his entire life. Later that night we returned home... :(
Getting ready to start our day...
The view from the top.
Another one.
On our way down from the top.
Ground ZeroThese are the names of the victims of 9-11Part of one of the memorial wallsThese are origami that Japanese children sent to New York. They adorned the walls in the memorial building. The Wall Street Bull

1 comment:

Danika said...

Your trip sounds like it was WAY fun! I'm jealous of the broadway shows you got to see!