Sunday, November 23, 2008

Teaching with Trash :)

Yes, it's true... I taught with trash. And have I told you what an amazing experience it was? Perhaps one of my favorites...

Last Tuesday I had to teach a science lesson. I have been following the teachers manual like a bible...it tends to make things MUCH easier. So, the manual informed me to send a letter home asking parents and students to keep the packaging from some of their household products, and bring them into class. At the time, I didn't really care why, I just did what it told me to do.

So, on Tuesday the kids got to take all of the different packages and look at the labels. They were searching for all of the different elements they could find. Now, I know this doesn't sound that exciting to you, but it was AMAZING for me. It was so neat to see ALL of the students actively engaged in the lesson. It's one of those "I'm glad I chose this as my profession," moments. I saw the light bulb...

I had to share...and NONE of these photos were staged...they were having THAT much fun!!!













No comments: