wonderful and in every chapter, there is something happening. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book. If you are ever looking for a great read, I would highly suggest this one.
The book is takes place in Kabul, Afghanistan before the Russians invaded (1978-ish). It is about two little boys from different social classes, and the story is about their life, culture and friendship.
It is absolutely heartwarming, but I must warn, there are some parts where your jaw drops. It can be tough to read because of the situations the characters encounter. READER DISCRETION ADVISED!
Anywho, I have been raving about the book for months, and Dave and I heard that they made a movie based on the book, so David took me to see it the other night. IT WAS GREAT! It was
really close to the book, and I loved the way the director tied it all together. David really enjoyed it too, and he hasn't read the book. I would recommend reading the book first though, because I can see how the movie would be hard to follow otherwise. SO READ THE BOOK AND SEE THE MOVIE! You won't be sorry!
really close to the book, and I loved the way the director tied it all together. David really enjoyed it too, and he hasn't read the book. I would recommend reading the book first though, because I can see how the movie would be hard to follow otherwise. SO READ THE BOOK AND SEE THE MOVIE! You won't be sorry!
2 comments:
So I didn't know you had a blog until just recently, sorry! I just finished reading this book for a book club. I liked it, but thought it was kind of depressing. I don't know if I could see the movie thought, depends on how graphic a few of the scences would be. Have you ever read Twilight, if not, you should! I just finished reading it and am waiting for the second one to come in the mail!
Post a Comment