Friday, October 1, 2010

Green Grass... :)

David and I have been really into trying to get our grass green.  We have been watering it, and decided we should probably fertilize it, since we don't know the last time it was done.  While David was mowing the lawn, I decided I would fertilize.  I put the pellets in the container and fertilized the front yard grass.  Later, David went to do the backyard and this is what happened:



David: Where is the rest of the fertilizer?! (HE was gonna do the backyard)
Samm: In the garage.
Dave: No. The bag you were using earlier. (We had 2 bags-one opened/one not)
Samm: I used it all on the front yard. Use the other bag.
Dave: WHAT? A WHOLE bag??? ...... that was for 5,000 sq. ft!!
Samm: Oh...well how many sq. ft. is the front yard?!
Dave: ...about 1,000
Samm: Oops...our grass is gonna be REAL green.
Dave: uhhh...either that or it's gonna be REAL dead!
Samm:  Ehh...ya win some, ya lose some! :)

I am happy to report it has been about 2 weeks since that little episode, and our grass is not dead.  We just had to water it a lot.  It actually looks great!  See...I must know what I'm doing! ;)

No comments: