Tuesday, June 17, 2008

VrooM VrooM!

On Friday, my dad asked me to go to Wall-Mart with him to get some things. He needed my help because my mom was at work and he is almost unable to walk due to severe back problems. (He is currently on a leave from work and will not be even thinking about going back until July.) So, I decided I should help the poor guy out, although I thought it was silly he wanted to go when I could just go get it for him (I think he has been really bored since he has been cooped up in the house lying flat on his back).

So, as we were walking into Wall-Mart I noticed he was walking really bad. He literally looked like an elderly person. So I suggested he get one of those driving wheel chair carts to sit in. He refused saying "I don't need that, I will be fine."


Now picture this... We are in the store (with him walking VERY slow) and right when we are in the middle of the store he sees a display for camping chairs and sits down. He said he couldn't walk anymore. Now I am stuck in the middle of the store with him, and he is unable to walk.


I decided then, that I should go and get that cart wheel chair thing and bring it to him so that if nothing else, he could make it back to the car. I walk to the front and told the greeter my situation. She told me to go ahead and take the motorized cart to him. I decided that to avoid looking like an idiot I would just walk it to him. (Little did I know, this was not a possibility) Apparently, those stupid carts are weight sensitive, therefore requiring you to be sitting in it for it to move.


So, I was forced to drive the wheel chair through the store at less than 1 mph. I felt like such an idiot. I cannot tell you how many people looked at me like "What the heck are you in that for?" Lets just say it was wonderful to make it to my dad!!! I rescued him, after he got a good laugh at me, and after that he was good for the next hour.

This is my dad in all his glory. He said that he wants his own. We decided he could soup it up and add some awesome features to it. I told him that I would personally add some hydraulics, a rhinestone plated license plate and perhaps some pink streamers adorning the handle bars...

No comments: