The name of this book does it NO justice. Something about it just turned me off. However, I really enjoyed it. It is about the German Occupation, and the whole book consists ONLY of letters. It was not like anything else I have read before. One thing I really enjoyed about the fact that it was written in letters, is that you can start and stop a lot, instead of waiting for a chapter to end. It was nice while I was teaching and waiting for the kids to complete an assignment.Some favorite quotes:
"She's one of those ladies whose more beautiful at sixty than she could possibly have been at twenty." I loved this. I think that about people sometimes.
"My friend Sophie calls it coincidence, and Mr. Simpless, my parson friend, calls it Grace. He thinks that if one cares about someone or something new one throws a kind of energy out into the world, and a 'fruitfullness' is drawn in."
1 comment:
Thanks for the recommendation. Maybe I'll have to read this one while I'm waiting for Catching Fire from the library. :)
Post a Comment